Friday, April 4, 2008

We interrupt this program, still again or once more or...

After I posted, “We interrupt this program, again or revisited…*” on February 8. My source for the number of abortions in the United States since Roe v. Wade was questioned.

I fell into a trap or I chose to believe a number of sources with an agenda.

According to figures compiled by the Center for Disease Control the number of legal abortions in the United States from 1974 through 2000 was 38,335,577. At various times as many as four states, including California, were NOT included in those figures. However, even if we add a generous 50,000 abortions a year for those four states and keep the number of abortions from the other states static, (the rate is actually falling) we do NOT get to the 48-50,000,000 figure quoted in my earlier post.

I apologize to each of you for my error and I have corrected that earlier post.

No comments: